Policy brief & purpose
Our data Protection Policy refers to our commitment to treat information of employees, customers, stakeholders and other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality.
With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This policy refers to all parties (employees, job candidates, customers and suppliers) who provide any amount of information to us.
Who is covered under the Data Protection Policy?
Employees of our company, contractors, consultants, partners and any other external entity are also covered. Generally, our policy refers to anyone we collaborate with or acts on our behalf and may need occasional access to data.
As part of our operations, we need to obtain and process information. This information includes any offline or online data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, usernames and passwords, digital footprints, photographs, financial data etc.
Our company collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
Our data will not be:
- Communicated informally
- Stored for more than a specified amount of time
- Transferred to organisations, or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner
In addition to ways of handling the data the company has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically we must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data
- Inform people about who has access to their information
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases
To exercise data protection we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data
- Develop transparent data collection procedures
- Train employees in relation to online privacy and security measures
- Build secure networks to protect online data from cyber attacks
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data
- Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorization etc.)
How Data Is Collected
We collect data in the following ways:
- When customers complete an account form to purchase products from us
- When customers contact us to place orders by email, phone or fax
- When a Bathroom Engineering Sales Manager collects contact details as part of regular visits to customers
- When a ‘contact us’ form is completed on our websites
- When employees complete their personal details on a registration form after accepting employment
Type Of Data Collected
Data collected will include:
- Names and contact details of individuals at companies that we have a business relationship with including email addresses, telephone numbers and postal addresses
- Names, contact details and payroll information for employees
- Bank details of customers, suppliers, employees and any other parties that require the processing of payments
Use Of Data Collected
Data collected may be used to:
- Facilitate business transactions such as ordering products, invoicing customers or paying suppliers
- Contact customers with product and pricing information via Marketing emails and other email communications
- Contact customers by letter when required
- To book travel/accommodation for customers or employees when business trips are arranged
- Carry out necessary HR procedures for employees as and when required